- SoilModels is a platform aimed at promoting the use of advanced geotechnical modelling techniques in daily geotechnical practice. It has been established in 2007 as soilmodels.info project, and converted to an interactive membership site in 2017. It provides, free of charge, tools supporting modelling workflow of geotechnical engineer, starting with selection of appropriate material model along with its documentation, its parameter determination (including fully automatic calibration tool), providing model plugins for various finite element packages, providing datasets for model calibration and providing a platform to discuss potential issues with other members of SoilModels community. Join us now to boost your expertise and to stimulate progress of our profession.
SoilModels provides the following main functionalities to support geotechnical modelling workflow:
- First, users can select appropriate material model from the Constitutive Models Database. Constitutive models, which are either fully docummented, or whose implementation is available including the source code, are eligible for listing in SoilModels database. Model documentation is provided in the SoilModels Publication Database.
- Subsequently, users can calibrate the model using software from Calibration Software Database to find simulation parameters or to simply test whether it provides sufficiently good predictions considering the purpose. SoilModels provides for its users fully automatic calibration tool, along with other element test drivers for manual calibration.
- Each constitutive model profile page contains list of Finite Element Codes offering this model. These models may be either available internally in the code, or through user-defined plugins, available to SoilModels users for free download.
- Datasets database can be used to get initial estimation of soil parameters by searching most similar soil from the database, or to further develop the constitutive models.
- Finally, SoilModels provides a platform for discussing advanced modelling techniques and other profession-relevant topics with other members of the community. Any approved Member can post into the discussion Forum and download software codes. SoilModels also features Messaging system for the community members to communicate with each other.
Most Viewed Constitutive Models from SoilModels Database
Most Viewed Software Packages from SoilModels Database
Most Viewed Posts from SoilModels Discussion Forum
Hashmi Sohawon||Constitutive Modelling|4 |
Hi all, Can somebody recommmend a good detailed guide for the procedures required to link ABAQUS 6.14 to Intel Fortran Compiler and Microsoft Visual Studio? Thank you, Hashmi
Leon Cortes||Finite Elements|6 |
Hello, I am trying to simulate the behavior of helical anchors (also called screw anchors) using PLAXIS 3D and a clay hypoplasticity constitutive model. The helical anchor shaft is simulated […]