I would like to derive material parameters based for a simulation which will implement the hypoplastic material model based on the following information:
• Heavily overconsolidated
• Very dense, fine sand
• In situ preconsolidation pressure of 1 MPa
• Bulk unit weight of 20 kN/m3
• Relative density 100%
• Groundwater table 6 m below piling platform level
• In situ water content ranging between 10-12%
• Degree of saturation = 71%
• D50 (mean particle size) between 0.1 and 0.15 mm
I also have averaged CPT information with friction sleeve and end resistance as a function of depth. Unfortunately I don’t have information about the dimensions of the CPT apparatus used.
I am new to constitutive models and the calibration of their parameters. Therefore I would like to ask, where can I start in terms of calibrating the parameters?